SUP Yoga Certification
Interested in teaching Stand-Up Paddle Board Yoga or want to get certified to properly teach & guide others in the sport of SUP Yoga?
Learn the sport and become backed with the proper credentials to teach SUP Yoga. Black Creek Guides is proud to offer SUP Yoga courses for those interested in teaching!
Below is a list of the courses/workshops we offer that will get you the credentials to become a certified SUP yoga Instructor. We recommend taking the courses in a 4 step process to have a solid backing of credentials from both an E-RYT200 yoga teacher and also the American Canoe Association (ACA).
- Participate in the SUP Yoga Immersion Course
- Become more comfortable with the SUP strokes, terminology, and gain more experience paddling and even possibly teaching.
- Participate in an American Canoe Association (ACA) SUP Level 1 Instructor Certification Workshop.
- ACA SUP Yoga Endorsement Certification Workshop (Coming Soon)
SUP Yoga Immersion Course:
This immersion course is designed to expose you to the new opportunities of taking your Yoga teaching experience to a floating mat. This course is perfect for those with a background in yoga who are looking for new teaching opportunities!
- Designed for Yoga teachers looking to teach SUP Yoga.
- Yoga experience is a must.
- No prior experience required, although some paddling experience is recommended.
- Receive 18 hours accredited CEUs after completion from an accredited E-RYT200 Yoga teacher.
- Course cost also includes the use of a board, paddle, and safety gear
- Two day course from 8am-5pm each day
- Total course cost: $495
ACA Level 1 Instructor Certification Workshop:
This course is designed for those who are already competent stand up paddlers, possibly those who have taken the Immersion course (non-required), and want to become stand up paddle instructors to teach SUP and SUP yoga on the water as a American Canoe Association (ACA) certified SUP instructor.
- Designed for competent paddlers and those looking to become certified SUP instructors to teach SUP Yoga
Instructor candidates should have prior paddle experience and knowledge coming into the workshop
Must be up-to-date on CPR and First Aid Certifications
Must be at least 18 years of age
- No prior SUP teaching experience required, although some teaching experience is recommended
- Receive the opportunity of becoming an ACA SUP Certified instructor
- Course cost does not include the use of a board, paddle, and safety gear
- Two or three day course from 8:30am-5:30pm each day
- Non-refundable deposit of $150 to reserve a spot
- Total Cost: $350
ACA SUP Yoga Endorsement Certification Workshop:
This course is designed for those who are certified ACA level 1 SUP Instructors and also 200+ RYT hours Yoga instructors. This endorsement is provided by the American Canoe Association and is the first certification and course of its kind that is well respected and a gold standard for SUP Yoga enthusiasts.
Must be at least a 200+ RYT hours Yoga Instructor
Must be a current ACA member and have a valid ACA SUP Instructor certification
Must be up-to-date on CPR and First Aid Certifications.
One day Course from 8:30am-5:30pm
- More Info Coming Soon!